Add a Shopping Cart to Your Existing Website
Our shopping cart services are flexible enough to allow for a shopping cart to be added on to most any existing website. The shopping cart is the same dynamic shopping cart system that we offer on our custom sites. We provide the BigCommerce shopping cart.
- When the site is live, you can do most all store and website operations, including adding/editing products, making coupons, processing orders, etc.
- Web-accessed tools for day-to-day store operation by store owners and employees.
- Quickbooks order export.
- Your online store will be an extremely capable and dependable system.
- Super dynamic, flexible and stable shopping cart systems with a LOT of features!
- You can add unlimited products and categories!
HOW IT WORKS
I find that the best way to add a cart to your existing site is to use what is called a subdomain.
A subdomain is a second website, with its own unique content, but there is no new domain name. Instead, you use an existing domain name and change the www to another name. The subdomain name looks like forums.domain.com, help.domain.com, help2.domain.com (assuming you already host domain.com).
Here are some examples of sites that I added a shopping cart onto using a subdomain:
- Existing site: www.prescottffcharities.com
- Added shopping cart at: shirts.prescottffcharities.org
- So while technically two different sites, they run off of the same domain name and thus are looked upon as one site by the search engines.
- Existing site: www.backcountrystoves.com
- Added the existing website at: egriller.backcountrystoves.com
- This is the same concept, but done in reverse. We wanted the shopping site to be up front at the main domain, but wanted the benefit of all of the text content on the other site. So we took the existing site and moved that to the subdomain.
Add a Cart Service Includes:
- I, or your webmaster, will add a link(s) on your site to the product catalog and shopping cart. From there, we will create a sensible shopping navigation system.
- I will incorporate the feel of your website into the new shopping cart. Essentially, I will be building a custom template for you. Depending upon your existing website, we may be able to do a perfect match. This will keep your branding consistent throughout.
- Base service includes us adding up to 6 categories (you can create unlimited categories). A category is a division of products. For instance, if you are selling shoes, you might break up your categories into Men’s & Women’s shoes. The you can create subcategories such as Men’s running, Men’s dress, Men’s slippers, etc.
- Base service includes adding up to 10 products. You can add the rest (we will teach you how), or we can do it for you. You can add them by hand, or import them using an Excel spreadsheet (the data feed). This is one aspect of the project that we will be discussing when we initially discuss your project.